Product Marketing on Demand from New View
G Cloud 9 .... All Change!
Monday 13th February 2017
G Cloud 9. It's the G Cloud you must be on as when G Cloud 9 goes live BOTH G Cloud 7 and 8 will be turned off. That's May 2017, according to GDS
Other changes :
• IaaS, PaaS, SaaS and SCS go, to be replaced by Cloud Hosting, Cloud Software and Cloud Support.
• Questions with more detailed answers, more security related with Optional Service Definition PDF.
• Expansion of service categorisation - simpler "buyer language oriented" terminology
• On line editing of service description summaries- quickening the update process
• Suppliers can reuse previous application data for GC9 applications
All changes have been designed to make the application easier, provide simpler searches for buyers and lessen the administrative burden for all.
BUT - there's a sting in the tail. An additional 0.25% of charges billed to buyers by suppliers will go to pay the CCS Management charge, meaning 0.75% of total billed revenue will be payable on sales through the framework.
Seems a price can be put on simplicity and efficiency.