An 8000% increase in website hits!!
Monday 3rd July 2017
The Project: Promotion Open Air Opera (popular Opera) at the Rose Garden, High Wycombe. Intensive campaign, Started 3 weeks pre-Event (to ensure weather good)
The Brief : New venue, raise the profile/awareness. Drive consumers to website to buy event tickets
The Activity: Poster Campaign (Retail/Coffee Shops), Email (120 Local Businesses), Twitter page, Facebook Events postings, Local Radio interviews (and Drivetime "plugs"), Local Press Interview.
The Performers: Known in the business, professionals, one West End performer, the other Cruise ships and Stadium performer.
• Website visits (pre Activity) 20 pcm. Visitors (unique/UK Only) 400+ in each of the two weeks running up to the event. Pages visited av 2.46 per page. Galleries, Purchase Tickets, Opera landing page and about Rose Garden key pages (after landing page). Uplift + 8000%.
• Activity: Reached 119,000 online and hardcopy readership in the Press (feature article and event listing), 6.2k Twitter Impressions, 7k reached on event site listings, Radio audience c 2000.
• Budget - £60 for printing of Posters.
• Conclusion - Promotional activity and web results considered "Good" by Marc Campman (a leading Social Media Consultant and Lecturer). Once at the website however tickets were not being bought. Feedback indicates some had issues with the site, technical and security as well as look & feel. Recommendations had been made previously to change/update and rebrand the website, these were ignored.
• Learnings - One person not enough to execute on all activity! The importance of the website as a sales tool in itself cannot be underestimated.